Saturday, July 10, 2010

Last Day Of School

On the last day of school I rent a big blow up something-or-other for the neighborhood kids to come and have a party. Moms help chip in on money for the rental and bring treats. This is the second year that I have done this and it is a huge success. It gives the kids something to do after a short day at school, starts the summer off with a bang, and gives us moms a chance to visit with the kids entertained but within earshot. It is so much fun and by February my kids are already asking if we are going to do it again.






We have water balloons, and kids can bring their own squirt guns, or whatever water toy they have. We usually set up a little slip'n'slide for the little kids and a wade pool. Its supposed to be for the little ones, but the big ones use it to fill up their guns and buckets and what not.



I thought it would be a huge headache, but the other moms really love it too so they make it a lot easier on me for planning and preparing and so on. It will be a tradition around here for years to come, I'm sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment