Monday, April 25, 2011

Happy Easter! 2011

Happy Easter! I decided we are cutting back on all holiday gift giving this year. My kids received a new Easter outfit, some candy, and a kite. In my opinion, these holidays get way too over commercialized and we tend to lose focus on why we are really celebrating the holiday.
I was at Wal Mart the day before Easter Sunday getting some last minute grocery shopping done and I was truely amazed at the gifts people were getting for their children. Bikes, scooters, powerwheels jeeps and 4wheelers, iPods, and gaming systems, etc. For crying out loud, did we not just have Christmas?? Or maybe its just me, who knows. But I thought quite extravagant if you ask me. But what do I know.
So 'The Easter Bunny' decided to hide the baskets all over the house.  It took the boys some time, but they finally found their baskets and were so excited.  They quickly had to rumage through them to see what the Easter Bunny had brought them.  The clothes weren't a hit, as usual, but they liked their kites and are excited to get to fly them soon.
HAHA Ty does not look happy in this picture.  He is usually the one who has to help the younger ones so we sent him off to find Rylee's basket.  All she got was two new outfits and a new pair of sandals.  (I really had to use all my strength to restrain myself with only 2 outfits!!!! Good grief they make some cute stuff for little girls. I had no idea!!) 

Shay loved his Buzz kite and wanted to take it out right then to fly it.  But we had to explain to them that it was still 8:30 in the morning and mom and dad were tired ;) Plus it was raining and there was no wind, so he was ok with just eating candy and snuggling up on the couch with a blanket and watching a movie.
Ty thought his Blue Angels fighter jet kite was really cool and is so excited to show Grandpa Henrie when he comes up in a few days.

The Easter Bunny also gave them 4 quarters to put in the piggy banks.  They love coins and thought that was cool.  They also got a big glass bottle of Sprite.  That was the favorite of all of it I think.  They wanted to keep them after they had drank all the Sprite.
Rylee just wanted to eat her new clothes.  I was super excited to get to dress her in them.  Just wish the weather would warm up.  They are definitely summer clothes.  But, all in good time.



Cade was so excited to get a Batman kite that he quickly took off his Buzz costume and went and found his Batman costume and put it on.  The kid loves him a Super Hero!

No comments:

Post a Comment