Saturday, January 1, 2011

Christmas Vacation in Antimony

Monday night after the Christmas weekend, the boys and I went to spend the week down at grandma Henrie's in Antimony. My brother's two oldest boys, Corbin and Justin, got to come along as well. My cousins' son, Wyatt, was also there spending the week with his grandma, so he got to hang out with us and went hunting with the boys and grandpa Henrie.

 They went out duck hunting one afternoon and brought back the ducks they had shot. They plucked them and cut off the breast meat and soaked the meat overnight in some salt water. The next day after they had gotten back from playing in the snow and riding four wheelers, they decided they were going to eat the meat for lunch. (GROSS!!)


Corbin cut up the bacon (that boy LOVES him some bacon) and Justin cut the meat into strips. Then they wrapped the meat and fried it in a frying pan.

Quite the little cooker, don't ya think?

Looks pretty good, eh? Yeah but I wasn't about to try it! The boys loved it though! They even took some down to great-grandpa's house and visited with him for a bit. He enjoyed the company and the food.


I FINALLY got a picture of this kid AND caught him smiling! He wouldn't let me take a picture of him for nothing. But I was sneaky and finally got one. Cutest dang kid ever and shy as can be. But don't let him pull you behind a four wheeler on a hood. HAHA He will throw you off.


And this is basically what we did all week. Lay around, watch tv, play games, and just enjoy each others company. Grandma made lots of good food and I ate til I was sick.


This is Wyatt, Justin, Corbin, Shay, Ty, and I outside the house just finishing up sledding on an old truck hood. Fun as heck, but so stinkin loud! Good grief I thought I was going to be deaf when we got done. Beats any old plastic sled though.
Dang it was cold too! We only lasted about 30 minutes and then it was time to come back in and warm up. The wind was relentless and was too uncomfortable to be out in for long periods of time. What wonderful memories we did make!

1 comment:

  1. Grosses me out everytime I see Wyatt cook up that sick stuff. Glad they love it though. Sounds like you had a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete